Eat is the #1 restaurant reservations platform in the Arab World. We help diners reserve tables in less than 3 clicks. Eat also installs Table Management System at restaurants to digitize reservations and walk-ins, manage floor plans and seat guests. Eat is venture backed and has seated over 6m+ guests to date. We are currently partnered with thousands of restaurants, regionally and globally. Eat is the trusted partner of Google, TripAdvisor and TimeOut Middle East. Eat is a 500 startups company, and funded by MEVP, the largest VC in the Middle East.
About The Role
We’re looking for a junior to mid-level product designer (UI/UX) to join our growing team. The ideal candidate will have experience working in agile teams, collaborating with developers, researchers, product managers, and other designers. In this role, you’ll be working in a highly collaborative and diverse team, with members hailing from more than 10 countries.
• Build intuitive, elegant consumer and restaurant-facing UX and UI, crafted to high standards and following industry best practices, and to own the end-to-end process of creating UX and UI for your product.
• Adhere to and contribute to our internal design system, design processes, and agile way of working.
• Work directly with developers, product managers, and other designers to build the best restaurant reservations platform and tooling possible.
• Validate the usefulness and benefits of the products you design.
• Provide feedback to tech, product, design, and marketing.
• Understand the needs of our users by conducting user research and user testing.
• Evangelize the importance of design within the company.
• Bachelor's or equivalent degree in Design or related field, or equivalent professional experience.
• A strong portfolio showing previous UI work you’ve done, especially in a team environment.
• A desire to grow into a cross-functional product designer role.
• A desire to talk to users and understand their problems.
• A desire and ability to work with an incredibly diverse and talented team
• Bachelor's or equivalent degree in Design or a related field, or equivalent professional experience.
• A strong portfolio showing previous app/web product design work you’ve done, especially in a team environment. We will not consider submissions without a portfolio.
• If you’re either a UI or a UX designer currently, a desire to grow into a hybrid product designer role.
• A desire to talk to users and understand their problems and not just design in isolation.
• A desire and ability to work with an incredibly diverse and talented team, and be open to feedback from both within and outside the team.
• An understanding of mobile web, mobile app, and desktop web design paradigms and technologies.
• An interest in entrepreneurship, startups, restaurants, and/or food in general.
• Competitive salary, visa, health insurance and one flight ticket home per year.
• Become a key employee in a fast-growing, exciting startup that is changing the restaurant reservations landscape.
• Have a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution.
• Access to the fully-stocked Eat kitchen, monthly Thursday lunches, monthly free Birthday cakes, amazing Eat Library, quarterly employee engagement activities, a chance to participate in the annual company trip (last year this was to Sri Lanka!), free gym membership and LOTS OF FUN!!
This is a full time position based in Dubai. If you're interested in joining and believe this is the role for you, please send an email to email@example.com and start the email with ‘Aglaonema’.
Looking forward to your application, good luck.