Eat is the #1 restaurant reservations platform in the Arab World. We help diners reserve tables in less than 3 clicks. Eat also installs Table Management System at restaurants to digitize reservations and walk-ins, manage floor plans and seat guests. Eat is venture backed and has seated over 6m+ guests to date. We are currently partnered with thousands of restaurants, regionally and globally. Eat is the trusted partner of Google, TripAdvisor and TimeOut Middle East. Eat is a 500 startups company, and funded by MEVP, the largest VC in the Middle East.
About The Role
We are looking for a senior Ruby on Rails engineer to oversee our backend server development at eat app. This is a rare opportunity to become a founding and critical member of a rapidly growing, well-funded startup. Your role will be to build restaurant management software and online restaurant reservation software - You can search "eat restaurant reservations" in the App Store to check out our B2C app, or our B2B app here: restaurant.eatapp.co. This is an excellent role for any engineer who wishes to further strengthen his Ruby skillsets and launch a technology that will immediately be used by thousands of users per day.
• Design and build advanced back end features to support restaurants (SaaS) and users (Marketplace).
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
• Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
• Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
• Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
• Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
• BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
• Proven working experience in software development.
• A deep familiarity with Ruby on Rails, and working with Rails frameworks, third-party libraries and APIs.
• Working knowledge of the general SaaS and backend landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
• Solid understanding of the full development life cycle.
• Solid understanding of JIRA, Confluence and continuous integration.
• Competitive salary, visa, health insurance and one flight ticket home per year.
• Become a key employee in a fast-growing, exciting startup that is changing the restaurant reservations landscape.
• Have a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution.
• Access to the fully-stocked Eat kitchen, free Thursday lunches and to participate in the annual company trip (last year this was to Sri Lanka!).
This is a full time position based in Dubai. If you're interested in joining and believe this is the role for you, please send an email to [email protected] and start the email with ‘Mammillaria’.
Looking forward to your application, good luck.