Eat is a real-time reservations network for fine-dining restaurants. We help diners reserve tables in less than 3 clicks. Eat installs Table Management System at restaurants to allow hostesses to manage reservations, view floor plans and seat guests. Eat is venture backed and has seated over 500,000 guests to date. We are currently partnered with thousands of restaurants, regionally and globally. Additionally, we provide reservation solutions to many independent restaurants and F&B groups worldwide. Eat is the trusted partner of Time Out and TripAdvisor. As of June 2017, eat is a 500 startups company.
About The Role
We are looking for a senior Ruby on Rails engineer to oversee our backend server development at eat app. This is a rare opportunity to become a founding and critical member of a rapidly growing, well-funded startup. Your role will be to build restaurant management software and online restaurant reservation software - You can search "eat restaurant reservations" in the App Store to check out our B2C app, or our B2B app here: restaurant.eatapp.co. This is an excellent role for any engineer who wishes to further strengthen his Ruby skillsets and launch a technology that will immediately be used by thousands of users per day.
• Design and build advanced back end features to support restaurants (SaaS) and users (Marketplace).
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
• Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
• Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
• Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
• Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
• BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
• Proven working experience in software development.
• A deep familiarity with Ruby on Rails, and working with Rails frameworks, third-party libraries and APIs.
• Working knowledge of the general SaaS and backend landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
• Solid understanding of the full development life cycle.
• Solid understanding of JIRA, Confluence and continuous integration.
• Competitive salary, visa, health insurance and one flight ticket home per year.
• Become a key employee in a fast-growing, exciting startup that is changing the restaurant reservations landscape.
• Have a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution.
• Access to the fully-stocked Eat kitchen, free Thursday lunches and to participate in the annual company trip (last year this was to Sri Lanka!).
This is a full time position based in Dubai. If you're interested in joining and believe this is the role for you, please send an email to [email protected] and start the email with ‘Konichiwa’.
Looking forward to your application, good luck.