Eat is the #1 restaurant reservations platform in the Arab World. We help diners reserve tables in less than 3 clicks. Eat also installs Table Management System at restaurants to digitize reservations and walk-ins, manage floor plans and seat guests. Eat is venture backed and has seated over 6m+ guests to date. We are currently partnered with thousands of restaurants, regionally and globally. Eat is the trusted partner of Google, TripAdvisor and TimeOut Middle East. Eat is a 500 startups company, and funded by MEVP, the largest VC in the Middle East.
About The Role
We are looking for an Android Developer to join our agile engineering team as we define, prototype and build complex apps. This developer has to be passionate about working closely with designers, product managers and other developers to create high-quality software and products. In this position the developer will have a chance to work in a highly collaborative team and the opportunity to further their career.
• Developing complex native Android apps using Java and Kotlin.
• Working in an agile development team to create and maintain high integrity deliverables.
• Design, develop, unit test and deploy features using common standards and frame works.
• Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
• Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
• Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
• BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
• Proven working experience in software development.
• A deep familiarity with large scale applications using Java and Kotlin
• Solid understanding of the full development life cycle.
• Solid understanding of JIRA, Confluence and continuous integration.
• Competitive salary, visa, health insurance and one flight ticket home per year.
• Become a key employee in a fast-growing, exciting startup that is changing the restaurant reservations landscape.
• Have a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution.
• Access to the fully-stocked Eat kitchen, free Thursday lunches and to participate in the annual company trip (last year this was to Sri Lanka!).
This is a full time position based in Dubai. If you're interested in joining and believe this is the role for you, please send an email to [email protected] and start the email with ‘Aristolochia macrophylla’.
Looking forward to your application, good luck.